Monday, September 1, 2014

Introduction to Happiness

Happy Introduction.


Hi my name is Lindsay Fortino and I choose happiness. This can be a very tall order for one person and I choose to accept this life long journey. I choose to spread happiness, love, and peace to all those who came into my life. 

I was privileged to learn to teach the practice Ashtanga Yoga under the teachings of Baba Hari Dass at Mount Madonna Center. I met incredible human beings who I will forever honor in my heart. I learned that knowledge is life long journey. I love the practice of yoga and what it has already done for my life in the short amount of time that I have known it. 

This blog, testimony, journal, whatever you choose to call it, is the written word of my continued journey through the practice of yoga. Yoga is the union of one with the universe and I will continue to practice this union until my last breath lives my physical body. 

This blog will be personal entries from my yoga experiences, practice and life. This includes experiences in my pranayama ( breathing practices), meditation, asana (postures), and mostly everything that goes along with it. It may be funny, may be witty, my be sad and might possible be offensive to a few. AND, this is my journey that I want to share with you all. Why? Because practice is not perfect, and it never will be. You are not alone, no one person is perfect and I want you to see that we all struggle to find inner peace, even if on the outside it looks like we got it together. Cause, most of the time, we don't. So why not accept that and choose to be happy. 

I also choose to laugh, love and be happy for this life that I am blessed with and to spread all that LOVE to everyone I know. I am not saying I am perfect, nor ever want to be. I am proclaiming that life is messy, frustrating, hard, heartbreaking and f*cking painful at times. Period. End of sentence.  So then what?

This blog is my journey of my "so then what" and if each of your get just one thing out of it, I did what I set out to do. 

I honor the place in you where Spirit lives. I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Truth, of Light, of Peace, when you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, then we are One. 

Namaste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment